E-1 Treaty Trader | E-2 Treaty Trader Investor
Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC, in Alexandria, Virginia, welcomes inquiries from international business people in need of one of these visas to live and work in the United States:
- E-1 treaty trader visa
- E-2 treaty trader investor visa
These visas are for business people from countries with signed treaties with the U.S. The treaties provide for legal entry and residence for foreign investors who will create jobs, engage in significant trade and invest money in the U.S. economy.
Criteria for an E-1 or E-2 Visa
Applicants must be:
- Entering the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
- A national of a country in which there is a treaty between the U.S. that allows for the E-1 or E-2 visa, and in some cases both
- Entering the U.S. to carry on a substantial international trade between the U.S. and the foreign nationals country (E-1)
- Entering the U.S. to develop and direct the operations of a business enterprise in which the alien has invested, or is actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide business enterprise (E-2)
- A key employee from the treaty country, including executives, managers or other persons whose services are essential to the efficient operation of the business enterprise
- A principal employer who is a person with nationality of the treaty country or an enterprise or organization that is 50% or more owned by treaty nationals
Our attorney can advise you about your eligibility for an E-1 treaty trader or E-2 treaty investor visa.
How We Help With the Visa Application Process
Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC, is qualified and equipped to prepare the E-1 or E-2 visa application. With a decade of experience practicing immigration law, our firm knows the E-1 and E-2 process thoroughly. Our attorney will help gather the evidence and present it to USCIS or the U.S. Embassy. She will also ensure that clients are fully prepared for the required interview with immigration officials. Without an immigration lawyer's assistance, applicants may experience lengthy delays or denials of their applications.
Contact a Virginia Investor Visa Attorney
In addition to assisting with the initial E-1 or E-2 visa application, our law firm advises individuals already in the United States about changing their status. Our attorney is ready to help you obtain, retain or extend an E-1 treaty trader or E-2 treaty trader investor visa. Contact us by phone or e-mail to schedule a consultation with an Alexandria, Virginia, immigration lawyer