Washington, D.C.-area Immigration Lawyer
If you have been living in the U.S. for more than ten years without status and now find yourself in removal proceedings, you will need the guidance and assistance of an experienced immigration attorney. Many people in your situation may qualify for Cancellation of Removal for a Non-Permanent Resident and will need an experienced attorney to assist you in preparing your application for the Judge to review.
Criteria That May Permit Cancellation of Removal for Non-permanent Residents
Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC, advises and represents non-permanent resident applicants applying for Cancellation of Removal. Our attorney can help you submit an application for Cancellation of Removal if you meet the following requirements:
- You have lived in the United States continuously for ten years or more.
- You have been a "person of good moral character" during the time you have lived in this country.
- You have not been convicted of certain types of crimes.
- You can demonstrate that your U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR) spouse, parent or child would be subject to "exceptional and extremely unusual hardship" if you were deported.
- You are "deserving of a favorable exercise of discretion in regard to your application."
If a Cancellation of Removal application is successful, you will be eligible for a green card (permanent residency).
Call Cape Immigration Law Group in Alexandria, Virginia
For experienced assistance completing the application and supporting documentation in support of an EOIR-42B application for Non-LPR Cancellation of Removal, contact Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC located in Alexandria, Virginia.