Immigration Lawyer in Metro Washington, DC
Helping Individuals Get Family and Fiancée Visas
If you have a family member or fiancée that you want to bring to the United States or a family member already in the United States, you want an experienced immigration attorney, one who will help you understand the rules about family-based visas and will make certain that you follow all of the proper procedures to ensure your family member gets a green card as quickly as possible. You want a lawyer who will help you understand the options for your loved one, and one who will keep you informed of the status of your case.
At Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC, in Alexandria, we provide comprehensive legal counsel to individuals throughout the Northern Virginia and Washington DC area. We provide a high level of personal attention to all of our clients, making certain your questions are answered and you are always aware of the status of your case. Contact our offices to set up a confidential consultation to discuss your family-based visa needs.
Family-Based Permanent Residency
Under United States immigration laws, many family members are eligible to obtain a green card because they are related to a citizen or a permanent resident. In addition, a fiancée may be able to enter the country under a K-1 visa to join his/her future spouse.
Not all family relationships are recognized. Those that do allow immigration benefits include:
- Immediate relatives. The spouse and minor children of a U.S. citizen, the parent of a U.S. citizen who is 21 years of age or older are considered immediate relatives. Immediate relatives do not have to wait for visas to become available because there are no numerical limitations that apply to immediate relatives.
- First Preference. Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. There are numerical limitations.
- Second Preference. Spouses and unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents. There are numerical limitations
- Third Preference. Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. There are numerical limitations.
- Fourth Preference. Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens. There are numerical limitations.
At Cape Immigration Law Group, PLLC, we will work closely with you throughout the visa application process, help you understand how the numerical limitations affect your family member's application and make sure you are informed about the status of your case.
For experienced counsel in immigration matters, including applications for family-based visas, contact our offices to schedule a confidential consultation. We are conveniently located two miles from Reagan International Airport, close to the Washington, DC Metro area.